Dr. Josephine M.I. Vos, MD, PhD
I am a clinical hematologist at the Amsterdam UMC location AMC. I specialize in B-cel Non-Hodgkin lymphoma particularly Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia and auto-immune phenomena secondary to paraproteins (often of the IgM type – IgM related disorders including rare neuropathies, nefropathies, complement mediated hemolysis etcetera). I am also part of LYMMCARE (Lymphoma and Myeloma Center Amsterdam). My other field of interest is auto-immune hemolytic anemia (AIHA) and I am head of the AIHA expertise center at the AUMC.. I have a growing collaboration with the immunohematology and diagnostics departments of Sanquin. For both disease categories I am involved in clinical trials with novel agents
Full publication list: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/?term=Vos+JM&sort=date
- JM Vos, NC Notermans, S D’Sa, MP Lunn, WL van der Pol, W Kraan, MM Reilly, J Chalker, R Gupta, MJ Kersten , ST Pals, MC Minnema. High prevalence of the MYD88 L265P mutation in IgM anti-MAG paraprotein-associated peripheral neuropathy. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017 Oct 10. pii: jnnp-2017-316689. doi: 10.1136/jnnp-2017-316689
- JM Vos, JG, HG. Rennke, Z Hunter, RJ Manning, TE. Dubeau, K Meid, MC. Minnema, MJ Kersten, SP. Treon and JJ. Castillo. Renal disease related to Waldenström macroglobulinemia: incidence, pathology and clinical outcomes. British journal of haematology 2016; 175 (4), 623-630
- JM Vos, N Tsakmaklis, CJ Patterson, K Meid, JJ Castillo, P Brodsky,T Ganz, ST Pals, MJ Kersten, L Xu, G Yang, SP Treon, ZR Hunter. CXCL13 levels are elevated in patients with Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia, and are predictive of major response to ibrutinib. Haematologica August 2017: haematol.2017.172627;
- Amaador K, Peeters H, Minnema MC, Nguyen TQ, Dendooven A, Vos JMI, Croockewit AJ, van de Donk NWCJ, Jacobs JFM, Wetzels JFM, Sprangers B, Abrahams AC. Monoclonal gammopathy of renal significance (MGRS) histopathologic classification, diagnostic workup, and therapeutic options. Neth J Med. 2019 Sep;77(7):243-254.
- D’Sa S, Kersten MJ, Castillo JJ, Dimopoulos M, Kastritis E, Laane E, Leblond V, Merlini G, Treon SP, Vos JM, Lunn MP. Investigation and management of IgM and Waldenström-associated peripheral neuropathies: recommendations from the IWWM-8 consensus panel. Br J Haematol. 2017 Mar;176(5):728-742.