Maaike Braham PhD
Department Immune Mechanisms (IMM), Centre for Immunology of Infectious diseases and Vaccines (IIV), National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Bilthoven, The Netherlands
With a PhD in regenerative medicine, my passion is the development of 3D in vitro models that aid the better mimicking, understanding and/or unraveling of complex cellular interactions within the human body. I previously worked on the development of a 3D in vitro bone marrow model to study primary multiple myeloma cells or hematopoietic progenitor cells.
Within the Target to B! consortium, I am working on the development of a 3D in vitro lymphoid model. The 3D culture of healthy, malignant or autoreactive B cells in vitro, taking interactions with the surrounding microenvironment into account, will provide the opportunity to study the germinal center reaction, as well as the effect of treatments, in a better representative in vitro system
- Braham, M. V. J., Minnema, M. C., Aarts, T., Sebestyen, Z., Straetemans, T., Vyborova, A., Kuball, J., Öner, F. C., Robin, C., Alblas, J. Cellular immunotherapy on primary multiple myeloma expanded in a 3D bone marrow niche model. Oncoimmunology, 2018. 7(6): p. e1434465.
- Braham, M. V. J., Ahlfeld, T., Akkineni, A. R., Minnema, M. C., Dhert, W. J. A., Öner, F. C., Robin, C., Lode, A., Gelinsky, M., Alblas, J., Endosteal and Perivascular Subniches in a 3D Bone Marrow Model for Multiple Myeloma. Tissue Eng Part C Methods, 2018. 24(5): p. 300-312.
- Braham, M. V. J., Deshantri, A. K., Minnema, M. C., Öner, F. C., Schiffelers, R. M., Fens, M. H., & Alblas, J., Liposomal drug delivery in an in vitro 3D bone marrow model for multiple myeloma. Int J Nanomedicine, 2018. 13: p. 8105-8118.
- Braham, M. V. J., Alblas, J., Dhert, W. J. A., Öner, F. C., & Minnema, M. C., Possibilities and limitations of an in vitro three-dimensional bone marrow model for the prediction of clinical responses in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma. Haematologica, 2019. 104(11): p. e523-e526.
- Braham, M. V. J., Li Yim, A. S. P., Garcia Mateos, J., Minnema, M. C., Dhert, W. J. A., Öner, F. C., Robin, C., Alblas, J., A Human Hematopoietic Niche Model Supporting Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells In Vitro. Adv Healthc Mater, 2019. 8(10): p. e1801444.